Grievence Cells in St.Peters Engineering College
The college host some of the important cells i.e
‘Ragging’ means the doing of any act which causes, or is likely to cause any physical, psychological or physiological harm of apprehension or shame or embarrassment to a student, and includes
Teasing or abusing of playing Practical joke on, or causing hurt to any student.
Asking any student to do any act, or perform any thing, which he/she would not, in the ordinary course, be willing to do or perform.
Ragging is different from other crimes because the motive is solely to get perverse pleasure. Ragging is also different from other crimes as it is actively promoted by certain sections of the society.
Following types of abuses and activities will be termed as ragging:
Physical abuse, for example, forcing to eat, drink or smoke, forcing to dress or undress.
Verbal abuse, for example swear words and phrases, direct or indirect derogatory references to the person’s appearance, attire, religion, caste, family or chosen field of study.
Forced activity, for example
Chores for seniors e.g. copying notes, cleaning rooms, etc.
Missing classes. Not being allowed to study.
Staying awake late or getting up at unreasonable times.
Singing or dancing or performing in any other way.
Using foul language or shouting or cheering loudly.
Misbehaving with strangers, particularly women.
Reading or browsing porno-graphic/objectionable material
- To provide support for students to build up their confidence and feel the institution as their second home.
- To strengthen students mentally by providing friendly environment for students with faculty.
- Counsel the students and assigning set of students 20 to each mentor.
- It conducts a thorough review/study on the grievance received from the aggrieved students, including instances of ragging in written form.
- It submits the recommendations to the principal accordingly as per the Management policy
- Taking necessary action for the addressed Complaints/grievances. The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
- to make them aware of their rights,
- to help them in knowing the importance of good health and nutrition and facilities available for them,
- to help them in developing decision making abilities and be self-dependent,
- to help them in raising their voice against all kinds of discrimination,
- to help them in changing their mind setup,
- to assist them in overall development of their personality, and
- to help them (community women) in knowing about reproductive health care and child care.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the Faculty members.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities. Procedure for lodging complaint:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Students Grievances: https://goo.gl/forms/S07FPCKVXJvyOcBN2
Parents Grievances: https://goo.gl/forms/aZzbk3KJolNFLoMm1
Faculty/Staff Grievances: https://goo.gl/forms/Nt7dHVtmjlvrdxAf2
Alumni Grievances: https://goo.gl/forms/zBJDXEaJ0ljaKpJ73
Employer Grievances: https://goo.gl/forms/JsfJKTEoO3JoAveE2
Staff Grievance form can also be submitted as follows:
One dropdown box will be provided to each department and it will be opened only by the coordinator & committee members of FGRC every month end & their problems will be solved based on the priorities.
Faculty can send their Grievance to mail Id [email protected].
Immediate actions will be implemented for higher and sudden priority issues.
An open forum will be held in campus on Staff/Faculty Grievance once in a Semester in the seminar hall along with higher authorities.