R & D Cell
About R & D Cell
St.Peter’s Engineering College is now focusing more on Research Programs and need-based technology. Accordingly, an independent R&D Cell has been established to promote and monitor the research Programs of the college. The R&D cell has an advisory board with senior faculty members from various organizations. The cell manages all the research Programs of the college by monitoring and coordinating the research Programs. It conducts the research review meeting to examine the quality of research being conducted by various teams. It facilitates interaction with external agencies for funded R&D projects and also promotes and manages Institute-Industry interaction.
The objective of R & D Cell is to promote research activities among students and faculty as well as to provide a robust platform for sharing and implementing innovative and creative ideas to facilitate the exchange of information and interaction among the various research institutes and industries to develop skilled manpower in various engineering fields.
- Promote R&D program in newly emerging challenges in science , technology, and engineering.
- Enhancement of knowledge, capability and global recognition to institution.
- Application of qualitative as well as quantitative Research techniques to enhance knowledge, and capability of students and faculty in relatively unexposed areas.
- To develop a research proposal for funding from DST /AICTE/MHRD.
- Promotion of R&D Activities in of science and technology with special emphasis on emerging domains.
- Motivate faculty and students to participate in Seminar/Conferences/Workshop and further share his knowledge, experience with faculty and students and submission of write-up to R&D cell.
- To motivate faculty and students to present/publish Research paper in reputed national & international journals and submit a copy to R& D Cell in the institute.
- Research and Development Cell Details – Click Here
The Institution has the best faculty, which includes eminent academicians from premier institutions, having vast academic and industry experience. SPEC has already been rated high within countable years of its existence, by the experts in the academic arena and industry as one of the best colleges under JNTUH to pursue B.Tech, M.Tech, and Diploma (affiliated to SBTET-Telangana).
- SPEC has been awarded Star Status Institution by Telangana Academy for Skill &Knowledge (TASK), Government of Telangana.
- Certified by BMQR REGISTRAR ISO 9001–2008 in 2014 and ISO 9001–2015 in 2017
- SPEC was granted an amount of Rs 23 Lakhs by AICTE for Project “Network Analyzer” to EEE Department.
- Received 2.8 Lakhs AICTE-GOC (Grant for Organizing a Conference) from AICTE
- Received 11.4 Lakhs from AICTE towards Skill and Personality Development Programme (SPDP) for the Principal Investigator Dr. Diana Moses
- Received 9.21 Lakhs from AICTE for Modernization of Embedded Systems Lab (MODROBS) for the Principal Investigator Dr. Padmanabham
- SPEC has been Selected as the Best Eco-friendly F3 racing car with the least maintenance features in Super Racing (SUPRA-2014) held in Chennai-2014.
- SPEC is the only college in this area to be granted permission for students’ academic fee hikes in the year 2011-12 by AFRC.
- The students manage a website called www.specworld.in, where students can download the course material from SPEC Faculty.