The Department of Information Technology emerged in the year 2019 and offers quality education to budding young technocrats. Department offers B.Tech Information Technology Programme with an intake of 120. The department is manned by an energetic team of qualified, dedicated, and experienced faculty members. The department distinguishes itself by producing competent software and networking professionals to fit today’s requirements. The department provides in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research. The department is equipped with modern Laboratories to meet the thrust areas of Industry. The department has ICT classrooms and network facilities to support e-learning, innovative teaching, and research.
The Department has faculty members specialized in Data mining, Computer Networks, Network Security, Big Data Analytics, Image Processing, the Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, and Mobile Computing.
Vision and Mission
- To be a center of excellence in the field of information technology that yields pioneers and research experts who can contribute to the socio-economic development of the nation.
- To impart state-of-the-art value-based education in the field of Information Technology.
- To collaborate with industries and research organizations and excel in emerging areas of research.
- To motivate the students to be trendsetters and technopreneurs.
PEO's , PO's and PSO's
- Apply the knowledge across the disciplines in emerging areas of Civil Engineering for higher studies, research and employability and provide solutions for real problems
- Exhibit 2 good communication skills, ethical conduct, sense of responsibility to serve the society and protect the environment.
- Demonstrate strong foundation in academics, inter-personal skills, need for lifelong learning and professional development.
- PO: 1 ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO: 2 PROBLEM ANALYSIS: Identity, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO: 3 DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO: 4 CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO: 5 MODERN TOOL USAGE: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO: 6 THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO: 7 ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO: 8 ETHICS: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO: 9 INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and multidisciplinary settings.
- PO: 10 COMMUNICATION: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO: 11 PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO: 12 LIFE-LONG LEARNING: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Competent in Emerging Trends: Apply software design and development practices to create software applications in emerging areas such as Cloud computing, Data Analytics, AI, and Cyber Security.
- PSO2: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages in all environments to create an innovative carrier to be an entrepreneur and a zest for higher studies.