Overview and Program Outcomes
The department was established in the year 2010 with an intake of 60 and increasing to 120 in 2013. Mechanical Engineering is a fast growing discipline in tune with the demands in the areas of Infrastructure and Manufacturing. The department has well equipped laboratories as per university norms with an emphasis on practical approach and skills. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty.Of the many engineering disciplines, Mechanical Engineering is the broadest, encompassing a wide variety of engineering fields and many specialties. Although it is commonly assumed that Mechanical Engineers are Automotive Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers in fact, Mechanical Engineers are employed in an enormous range of technical areas including: acoustics, air-conditioning, automatic controls, engineering design, computer-aided design, energy management, fluid dynamics, tribology, robotics, biomechanics, and turbo machinery, Nanotechnology etc.
Mechanical Engineering is a challenging, rewarding, and highly respected profession. The goal of the Mechanical Engineering department is to prepare students for entry into the Mechanical Engineering profession, and is designed to meet a carefully planned set of educational objectives. We strive to prepare our students for good employability in the area of Mechanical Engineering. Technical Association ‘MACHINE’ is established with its main objective to explore new areas of Research and latest technologies in industry. To fulfil this objective a series of technical workshops, seminars, technical fests and guest lectures are being conducted every year. The students are encouraged to present papers and participate in various technical events at national level.
Vision and Mission
- Strives to be recognized globally for outstanding education, and research leading to well-qualified engineers with innovative, entrepreneurial, and societal problem-solving skills.
- DM 1: Provide a conducive environment and facilities for quality education to students to enhance their skills and produce globally competitive engineers.
- DM 2: Prepare graduates to pursue lifelong learning, serve the profession, and meet intellectual, ethical, and career challenges.
- DM 3: To train students to take up projects in automobile, design, and interdisciplinary areas.
PEO's , PO's and PSO's
- PEO: 1 Domain Knowledge: Graduates would have a sound grip on Mathematics, Physical Sciences fundamentals, capable to break down and synthesize any mechanical engineering problem.
- PEO: 2 Professional Employment: Graduates will be able to contribute to the growth of any core industry (Automobile, Aerospace& Manufacturing), Government Organizations, and R&D establishments.
- PEO :3 Higher Degrees: Graduates will pursue advanced degrees in CAD/CAM, Mechanical, Allied Engineering, and management studies.
- PEO: 4 Engineering Citizenship: Graduates will be prepared to communicate, work effectively in team-based engineering projects and practice professional ethics consistent with a sense of social responsibility.
- PEO: 5Lifelong Learning: Graduates will have continuous learning skills to become experts in the chosen domains and contribute to professional knowledge.
- PO: 1 ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO: 2 PROBLEM ANALYSIS: Identity, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO: 3 DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT OF SOLUTIONS: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO: 4 CONDUCT INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPLEX PROBLEMS: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO: 5 MODERN TOOL USAGE: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO: 6 THE ENGINEER AND SOCIETY: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO: 7 ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO: 8 ETHICS: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO: 9 INDIVIDUAL AND TEAM WORK: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and multidisciplinary settings.
- PO: 10 COMMUNICATION: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO: 11 PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FINANCE: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO: 12 LIFE-LONG LEARNING: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO 1: ANALYSIS: To produce engineering professionals capable of synthesizing and analyzing mechanical systems including allied engineering streams.
- PSO 2: INTEGRATE: An ability to adopt and integrate current technologies in the design and manufacturing domain to enhance efficiency.